Monday, March 26, 2012

Powerful, Strong and Sensational Today!!

I tried out a new gym today.  I've been given a month's free pass which I desperately needed because I haven't been doing much physically for myself lately.  And, even though, I have experienced the youth defining results of body building, it hasn't been enough to pull myself away from the table and move myself at a higher physical level.

I walked in a bit hesitant because I,as many of us "older" women, experienced just a brief.."Oh, my goodness, they are ALL SO YOUNG in here!!"LOL...But, of course, I was greeted enthusiastically and given the tour and the sales pitche.  But, as I was walking through  my tour hearing about the different machines, classes, weights and so forth, I thought about how LUCKY and BLESSED I am that I CAN walk into that gym and do something for myself that makes me feel INCREDIBLE!!

You see, I don't hate being at the gym, I HATE the few steps and moments it takes for me to lace up my shoes, get in my car and go!!  Just FIVE MINUTES of preparation to leave my home is pure agony...when I've been away from the gym for so long...So, since I was already there and dressed, I decided to enjoy something easy while I was there.

And, I want you to know, I chose to walk on the treadmill in the theatre!!  That's right!  You hear me right!  There is an entire room with treadmills, elipticals and bikes to utilize while watching movies!!  Now THAT MADE MY DAY... So, I climbed aboard and watched "FOOTLOOSE" and before I knew it, the movie was over and I was feeling awesome!!

I walked out of the theatre and heading to the exit feeling so  sensational!!  I walked out and the sun was brighter, my problems seemed non-existent and stress a far off memory!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment